Sunday, June 5, 2011

That's What I Love About Sunday

That's What I Love About Sunday

Raymond's in his Sunday best,
He's usually up to his chest in oil an' grease.
There's the Martin's walkin' in,
With that mean little freckle-faced kid,
Who broke a window last week.
Sweet Miss Betty likes to sing off key in the pew behind me.

That's what I love about Sunday:
Sing along as the choir sways;
Every verse of Amazin' Grace,
An' then we shake the Preacher's hand.
Go home, into your blue jeans;
Have some chicken an' some baked beans.
Pick a back yard football team,
Not do much of anything:
That's what I love about Sunday.

I stroll to the end of the drive,
Pick up the Sunday Times, grab my coffee cup.
It looks like Sally an' Ron, finally tied the knot,
Well, it's about time.
It's 35 cents off a ground round,
Baby. cut that coupon out!

That's what I love about Sunday:
Cat-napping on the porch swing;
You curled up next to me,
The smell of jasmine wakes us up.
Take a walk down a back road,
Tackle box and a cane pole;
Carve our names in that white oak,
An' steal a kiss as the sun fades,
That's what I love about Sunday,
Oh, yeah.

Ooh, new believers gettin' baptized,
Momma's hands raised up high,
Havin' a Hallelujah good time
A smile on everybody's face.
That's what I love about Sunday,
Oh, yeah.

That's what I love about Sunday,
Oh, yeah.

What a great song by Craig Morgan.  I was fortunate to see Craig Morgan in concert last night.  It was awesome!  I can officially take that one off of my Bucket List.  There is something about a Craig Morgan song that makes you want to sing at the top of your lungs, hug your family and/or grab a cold beer.  However, he inspires you. 


I listen to this song and it makes me inspired.  This is what Sunday's should be about especially in the South. 
  • Church
  • Family
  • Food
Who can argue with that?  I certainly can't, even a pessimistic person.  At some point in my life, my Sunday's changed.  Being that it is a day filled with "duties", who has time to relax on a porch swing?  Everything that you can not do in the week, seems to fall to Saturday and/or Sunday.  My Grandmother would not do a thing on Sunday except church and cook. This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  I can't actually say when all this changed, but I do believe it had something to do with the stores opening on Sunday.

Now, the day is spent doing laundry, grocery shopping, and trying to spend time with the kids and family.  My goal is to establish some time management.  This is NOT how I spend my weekends.  But, what how am I going to accomplish this task now that Oprah is gone?  Where is Peter Walsh?  I might have to figure that one out for myself.  But certainly today, I'm exhausted.

I must quit blogging now, I have to go to Wal-mart and grocery shop, do the laundry, cook for lunch, etc.  Oh, forget it, I think I will take a nap instead.  Pencil that onto my calendar. 

1 comment:

  1. It is sad when we have to pencil in a nap on our calendar! hahah

    ReplyDelete