Thursday, June 2, 2011

So this is bloggin......

Well, here I am.  I am writing my first blog.  my inspiration came from my sweet niece (in-law).  I hate that word.  Does anyone realize how impersonal that in-law word truly is.  Wow! my first negative statement is in the first few sentences.  BTW, that was not planned.  I actually stole the phrase Negative Nellie from the same sweet niece.  However, Debbie Downer would have been a huge mistake.

As I thought about "my blog", many titles came to mind, but this has been a trend in my life.  I could talk about anything, but I hope that this process can be therapeutic and I can come to realize what has made or makes me such a negative person.  So with that, anyone reading this may or may not be interested in my journey.  But it is what it is.

A few other titles were considered, but this seems to be the right fit.  Am I really that negative?  I hope not, but due to recent events in my life, I can say that I'm not overly positive.  Was I born this negative?  I don't remember being negative as a child.  Heck, my Barbies always had great stuff and I was positive that they would have new stuff come Saturday when my mom would take me to K-mart (yes, I was a child before Walmart).  So, when did I become so negative and what exactly makes a person negative?  I'm not sure.  I hope that this blog will help me sort out the many thoughts (negative and positive) inside my head.

I will make one promise - I will try to be positive one day a week and hopefully it will become two, maybe three, four, then maybe - just maybe five - okay that is a stretch but it can happen.  Now, this blog is not going to be like the Julia blog where she cooks everyday for 365 days and blogs about it.  First, I don't like to cook and I really don't like French food.  Honestly, I am a picky eater (even though my body doesn't support that statement) and I hate onions.  Have you ever watched Food Network and seen a recipe that doesn't have onions in it?  Well, I haven't.

So I'm off on this journey and you are welcome to come along.  Comments, suggestions, and criticisms are good.  I welcome all.  But, I don't take criticism well.  Someone tried to put a positive spin on criticism by saying "constructive criticism".  Is constructive the same as positive?  Who came up with that one?  Is there such a thing - it doesn't matter if it is constructive or just criticism, it hurts all the same.  I will save that subject for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment