Monday, July 18, 2011

Brownies, anyone?

Now is my second weeks of Weight Watchers.  Yes, I have joined Weight Watchers.  I have really watched my weight for the past 16 years, except I have watched the scales go up, and up, and up.  Well, you get the picture.  This has been something I have been looking into doing for the past several months, but with all he chaos in my life, I just never got around to it.  Then I noticed my niece looked alot thinner at Easter.  She announced she was on Weight Watchers.  It was working for her.  So I jumped on board.

I really don't like the word addiction, for there are many addictions in this world and everytime I watch Maury Povich, I learn a new one.  There is alcohol addiction, drug addiction, sex addiction, gambling addiction, and the list goes on and on. I do think that I do have a food addiction.  I love food.  It is all too consuming (literally) - mind and body.  Does my mood effect my food intake?  Of course!  When I'm sad, I eat, when I'm bored, I eat, when I celebrate, I eat.  Almost every occasion or moment, I eat!  This will be a way to think differently.

Now the first week was insane.  I was hungry and trying to figure out the points system and Brianna said it took about 2 weeks for her to find her groove.  Which has been somewhat true for myself, however, I'm getting into the groove of the measuring food and watching portions.  Really this diet is not much different than the diet I was put on when I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Jacob.  Except a lot less portions.

The first week my mood was a nightmare.  And I was totally obsessed with food.  It is funny how the lack of food really effects your mood.  My mood was dramatically different.  Anyone in my way was doomed.  Really it is just a play on words, but truly the case.  At one point, my children were begging me to go off of the diet.  The beginning of week 2, I am getting adjusted.  I have not had refined sugar in 1 week and a day, which is a major accomplishment.  Even as the Oreo's (blond) passed me by and my precious son announced to remind him when 30 minutes were up, he was making brownies. 

Can I say that this will be something that I can stay with and lose weight?  Time will tell, but I have been giving it a go.  I do believe that it is about thinking about portion control.  Something I have not ever been too concerned about, however, when I went to eat yesterday, we had an appetizer and entree.  I only had 2 cheesesticks, 3 oz steak with 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes.  In the past, I would have consumed half the cheesesticks, ate all the steak and mashed potatoes.  So, progress is progress. 

Brownies, anyone? 

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you say you "can't" do or have something it automatically makes it harder! I am proud of you for sticking with it even when it was tough the first week and believe you can keep it up! The results will be worth the pain! no pain no gain, right?!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete